World Citizenship Award. Nominations now open
Deadline: Friday, September 19, 4 p.m.
The World Citizenship Award honours Hamiltonians who have made significant contributions towards world peace locally or globally. The award is a bronze medallion designed by the renowned artist Elizabeth Holbrook, mounted on a plaque for presentation at an awards reception hosted by the Hamilton Mundialization Committee.
New for this year: “youth” category
Award will be presented at City Hall in October 8, 2014 (tentative date) Guidelines for the World Citizenship Award Nomination
- The candidate should be a resident of the City of Hamilton.
- The candidate must consent to the nomination. Signature of nominee must be obtained.
- Current members of the executive of the Hamilton Mundialization Committee are not eligible.
- A photograph (5″ x 7″) of the nominee is to be enclosed with the package.
- The following information should be included:
- A one-page introduction outlining the nominee’s background, experience and community involvement · Description of the significant contributions the nominee has made towards Mundialization, International Understanding and World Citizenship · How many years and under what circumstances has the nominee been involved in these efforts?
- What are the impacts and results achieved due to the contributions made by the nominee?
- Testimonials, letters of reference, copies of awards and certificates.
- Photocopies are acceptable.
- All materials submitted for nomination remain as property of the Hamilton Mundialization Committee unless special arrangement has been made prior to submission.
Youth Category: 30 and under please indicate that on applications. Obtain
- On our website: www.mundialization.ca
- Customer Service, Access & Equity, Hamilton City Hall, 71 Main St. W. L8P 4Y5
Previous winners of the award include:
Tony DiSilvestro – 2004
Morteza Jafarpour – 2003
Gary and Joy Warner – 2002
Lt.-Gen. (Ret.) Roméo Dallaire – 2001
Alan F. Phillips – 1998
Joanna Santa-Barbara – 1996
Graeme MacQueen and Paul Dekar – 1994
Sister Helen Kobelsky – 1992
Leonor Sorger – 1991
Agdhas Javid – 1990
Sheila Davis – 1989
Hanna and Allan Newcombe – 1988
Photography contest – Winter 2015 start taking entries in the Fall of 2014
*Looking for new members for the Mundalization Committee
For further information, please contact: Rein Ende, Chair, Hamilton Mundialization Committee,
905-523-7875, or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org